You wish to apply for temporary protection in France
What is it about?
Temporary protection is an exceptional measure authorised by the Council of the European Union decision of 4 March 2022.
Can you benefit from it?
Conditions for obtaining temporary protection in France:
- Case 1: You are a Ukrainian national and you were residing in Ukraine before 24 February 2022;
- Case 2: You are not a Ukrainian national and you benefit from protection (international or equivalent national) granted by the Ukrainian authorities;
- Case 3: You are not a Ukrainian national, you hold a valid permanent residence permit issued by the Ukrainian authorities and you are not able to return to your country of origin in a safe and sustainable manner;
- Case 4: You are a family member of a person falling under one of the previous cases (family members are: spouse, unmarried minor children and dependent relatives).
What are your rights once protected?
- The issuance of a temporary residence permit on French territory for a period of 6 months, bearing the mention “beneficiary of temporary protection”;
- The payment of the asylum seeker's allowance;
- Authorisation to exercise a professional activity;
- Access to healthcare through medical care;
- Schooling for minor children;
- Support in accessing housing.
Where to apply?
Go to the prefecture of the department where you live or are staying:
- with the documents in your possession justifying your situation;
- accompanied by your family members (spouse and children).
What happens next?
- If your file is complete and admissible, you will be protected and you will obtain a temporary residence permit.
- You will then be referred to the French Office for Immigration and Integration (OFII).